The internship provides experience in communicating with diverse arts audiences, while helping shape the core capacity for one of experimental writing’s longest running organizations. Applicants should have a strong, self-motivated interest non-profit arts management and an active interest in the arts.
Work up to 5 hours a week from September 2018-June 2019. Candidate need not be local to the Bay Area.
• Support development and donor acknowledgement and cultivation activities for the organization including grants research and database management
• Provide administrative support for strategic planning process
• Provide assistance with planning, promoting, coordinating events
Qualifications / Requirements
• Strong writing skills, especially writing for voice;
• Active interest in non-profit arts management including development at strategic planning
• Active interest in the development of writers, writing publications, and small press publishing organizations;
• Background in non-profits arts, or similar field helpful;
Course Credit, if applicable, in partnership with educational institution. $500 stipend per semester.
How to Apply
Send your resume and a brief summary outlining your interest in interning at SPT — along with any links to your own social media relevant to this internship — in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org