We are seeking a Marketing Intern to help tell the story of our organization working collaboratively with the Director to create a variety of content for SPT’s online digital media platforms. The internship provides experience in communicating with diverse arts audiences, while helping shape the institutional online voice for one of experimental writing’s longest running organizations. Applicants should have a strong, self-motivated interest in new media publishing, social media platforms & practices, and an active interest in the arts.
Work up to 5 hours a week from September 2018-June 2019. Candidate need not be local to the Bay Area.
• Produce content for onsite and online digital media platforms, for promotional and contextual purposes;
• Maintain lists of targeted audiences for new media content and advertising;
• Opportunity for self-initiated projects determined by candidate's skills and interests
Qualifications / Requirements
• Strong writing skills, especially writing for voice;
• Active interest and versed in emerging digital technologies, online communities, and social media platforms;
• Active interest in the online activity of writers, writing publications, and small press publishing organizations;
• Background in marketing, public relations, or similar field helpful;
Course Credit, if applicable, in partnership with educational institution. $500 stipend per semester.
How to Apply
Send your resume and a brief summary outlining your interest in interning at SPT — along with any links to your own social media relevant to this internship — in the body of an email to email@example.com